Anesthesia Machine GE Aespire S5 with 7900 Smartvent
Advanced Ventilation Capabilities
Sophisticated ventilation capabilities with the 7900 SmartVent* support the needs of a broad patient range. Ventilation modes available on Aespire 7900 include:
SIMV – Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation
The GE 7900 SmartVent advanced feature SIMV (Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation) expands the clinical capabilities to help meet the needs of your patients.
With broad patient range capability, an adjustable flow trigger, and trigger window, the SIMV mode helps simplify the work of caring for your spontaneously breathing patients.
SIMV is designed to provide assured rates and tidal volumes in a manner that supplements the patient’s own spontaneous efforts. By synchronizing to the patient’s effort, the ventilator responds to the patient’s breathing needs.
Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation allows the ventilator to sense a patient’s own breathing and permit spontaneous breathing between mechanical ventilations, while providing sufficient mandatory breaths should the patient’s own rate fall below a preset value.
Because of the synchronization provided in SIMV mode, the ventilator will assist a patient’s own breath when that breath falls within the synchronization window as specified by the clinician. These synchronized ventilations can help overcome difficulties experienced when patients attempt to compete with controlled mechanical ventilation.
- SmartVent tidal volume compensation system works in all mandatory breaths.
- Adjustable trigger window allows fine-tuning to the patient’s breathing pattern.
- Respiratory rate is adjustable from 2 to 60 bpm.
- Provides assured rate and tidal volume for a minimum minute ventilation
- Automatic synchronization with mandatory breaths
- Improved synchronization of breaths helps the ventilator respond to the patient’s breathing needs.
Pressure Supported Ventilation
The GE Healthcare 7900 SmartVent’s advanced feature PSVPro (Pressure Supported Ventilation) expands the clinical capabilities of the Anesthesia Delivery portfolio to help meet the needs of your patients.
With a broad patient range capability, an adjustable flow trigger, PEEP, and an apnea backup mode, the PSVPro mode helps simplify the work of caring for your spontaneously breathing patients. PSV supports spontaneous breathing by supplementing pressure to the airway in response to patient initiated breaths.
- During PSV, once a breath is initiated, the ventilator pressurizes the airway to a given inspiratory support pressure (Psupport).
- The “Pro” piece of PSVPro refers to the apnea backup feature. After a clinician-selected period of time, apneic patients are mechanically ventilated with a SIMV pressure mode.
GE Aespire 7900 Vent PSV Pro:
- Assists in overcoming the resistance within the breathing circuit and patient circuit, helping decrease the patient’s work of breathing
- Helps counter the reduction in the patient’s functional residual capacity (FRC) and the decrease in muscle contraction due to the anesthetics
- May be used with LMAs due to its lower airway pressures
- With automatic apnea backup mode, uses an SIMV-PC + PSV mode to maintain a minimum minute ventilation in the event the patient stops spontaneously breathing.
- With adjustable inspiration termination, allows fine-tuning to the patient’s breathing pattern.
- Supports virtually all spontaneous breaths
- Uses a decelerating flow pattern (optimizes inspiratory flow)
- Sustains or enhances the patient’s tidal volume and etCO2maintenance